CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Journaling

I'm going to start using my blog as a journal...which I should've done a long time ago. I guess I have done that but I want to be more specific to my kids. Leighton has been doing and saying so many "grown up" things lately and when I try to remember what they were a week later, I can't. So that being said, I need to start documenting them.

Leighton,
This month you have seemed so grown up. I don't know if it's because your sister was born and you were automatically "older" or if you've just really starting growing physically and emotionally. You seem to get scared a lot lately. The light always has to be on. It could be the middle of the day and the blinds open but you still want the light on! That's OK....you'll get over that. This month has also been an accomplishment when it comes to sleeping in your own "big boy bed". Yes you have been in bed with mommy and daddy since you were a newborn and now your sister is starting the same habit. Mommy and daddy are really trying to get you into your bed and sissy into hers. You've done really well. There's only been one night that you've woken up and came into our bed. We're so proud of you. You have been trying lots of new food lately too. You always want to try samples of mommy and daddy's food before you start eating what's on your own plate:) This has been your first summer to really do "big rides" at Holiday World. You absolutely LOVE Turkey/Thanksgiving part at Holiday World. We could spend the entire day in that part and you would be completely happy. You went down the big slide at Lark's Ranch and even down the slide in your Aunt Carlye's pool. The things that you say are unbelievable. You went to the dentist for the very first time last week and did awesome...for the most part. Mommy didn't go back with you at first because they weren't sure how you would do. You did great until they did the last two of the four x-rays. Mommy heard you crying and I immediately went back. Bad news though...you will have to get braces when you get a little older. Your palette is too narrow! I'm sorry honey...that most likely came from your mama. When you get into trouble or you know you've done something wrong, you repeat, "I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry, I'm sorry..." Then you smile and talk about something totally off topic really fast because you're nervous. It's so cute and it makes it really hard to yell at you or sit you in time out. You're just too darn cute! Most importantly, you have been the best big brother that you could be. You leave her alone most of the time and when you do look at her you get right in front of her face and you say, "aw, she's so cute". I reply, "Yes, my man, she is. You know why? She looks just like you did when you were a baby and look at you now. You're my handsome little man." You're very patient with her. You hate to see her cry and are always telling mommy and daddy if she's crying even though we're standing right there or even holding her:) You're just dying for her to take a bath with you...just a few short months away honey. Mommy and Daddy love you very much with all of our hearts!!

Things Leighton loves right now:
1. Video games...especially your Wii Batman Lego game
2. Your baby sister
3. Batman, Spiderman, Ben 10, Iron Man, Superman, Incredible Hulk...any superhero
4. You love to twirl mommy's hair when you're tired!
5. Watching movies
6. Playing rough with daddy...always the first thing you do when daddy comes home from work.
7. Playing with friends (Asia, Albanye, Luke, Abbi, Emma)
8. Your new baseball toy
9. The bath...BUT you scream when it's time to wash your hair b/c it gets in your eyes.
10. Holiday World
11. Playing board games (Hungry, Hungry Hippos, Ten Little Monkeys, Flippin' Frogs)
12. You love to go to your aunts house...it doesn't matter which one...you love them all.
13. Day Care...Nanny is so good to you and you love her. Your best friends are Bryce, Lexi and Dane.
14. JUICE You love to have a juice cup. You use this as your "passy". Even if it's empty you still suck on the nipple.
15. Jumping off things...particularly the couches and pillow fights!

Things you don't really care for:
1. Macaroni and Cheese (this is so weird because you used to love it)
2. Being Scared.
3. Not being able to hear your shows.
4. Getting in the pool.
5. A hot dog or hamburger...you just like the buns with ketchup and mustard:)

Leighton - 3 1/2 Years Old




Ava,
My My...I can't even explain how much you mean to me. I can't believe how much you can fall in love with someone in just six short weeks. You amaze me every day. You still sleep a lot. There's only about 4-5 times a day that you're awake for a longer period of time (maybe thirty-forty minutes) and then you want to go to sleep again! You love to eat. It's like clock work. Every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 hours during the night. You sleep right next to mommy. You love to have your passy in your mouth and momma's forehead on your forehead. Do you know that I have never, AND I MEAN NEVER, changed just a "pee" diaper since we've been home from the hospital? I did at the hospital but since you've been home you have always had a dirty diaper. I wonder how many dirty diapers that is total in just five and a half weeks? You're also having a little tear duct issue in your right eye. Mommy rubs it at every feeding. it seems crazy that you've already been to the movies (Disney's "Up" at the IMAX theatre in Evansville), Holiday World at three weeks old, Lark's Ranch and THREE weddings! You make the funniest noises when you stretch and are trying to wake up. You make these little elephant noises..it cracks us up:) Leah took your newborn pictures last week and I can't wait to see them. You did so good and were awake for most of them. Luckily your brother played with Leah's little girl, Alli Jo, so mommy was able to keep you happy! I am so sad that I'm going to have to go to work when you're just ten weeks old. I don't know how I'm going to get through my days without you. After trying to get pregnant for almost a year...we can definitely say... You were worth the wait! We see now why God chose the time that He did. You mean everything to us and we love you with all our hearts!!

Things Ava loves right now:
1. Her mommy...yes, you are a major mommy's girl and I LOVE IT!
2. Your daddy and bubby. When they're in the room you automatically turn to look at them.
3. Your passy.
4. Bouncing...mommy does a lot of this when you're tired.
5. You're boppy pillow. You love to feel it next to your face.
6. Being held.
7. Mommy and Daddy's bed.

Things you don't really care for:
1. Your bouncer, bassinet, or crib:)
2. Spitting up...which is pretty much after every feeding.
3. Hiccups
4. Your car seat
5. Loud noises

Ava - 5 Weeks Old


First Time in Bathing Suit


How Cute am I?!!

Trying to eat my hand...