CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back to School

Leighton,
You have grown even more in this last month. You are talking just like a grown up...scary! You say funny things like "Can someone help me out here?" "I'm waiting here" everything has "here" at the end of it. You've told me that you want to be a psychic and an astronaut when you grow up:) You still love super heroes...I guess I should say you are OBSESSED with them. You're constantly "fighting" each other with your little figures and wanting to watch some movie with Batman or Spiderman in it. You're still a great brother. You love to give sissy her passy when she starts crying:) We've been back to Holiday World and you loved it more this time than you did the last. You ask to go back quite often. The Log Ride was one of your favorites as well as the Thanksgiving rides! We also went to the St. Louis Cardinals game against the Houston Astros! It was "Kids Day" and you were able to run the bases after the game! It was so neat. Luke ran them fairly quick. He was already at home by the time you got to second base. You were taking your time trying to figure out why all of those kids were following you:) It was so funny! Your daddy was so proud! We took your cousin Luke and you both had a blast. When we picked Luke up that morning you told me and daddy how excited you were and how cool this day is going to be! You've also been sticking up for Daddy a lot lately. The other day Mommy was "nicely" telling Daddy to be safe and wear his seat belt before he left for Louisville and you told mommy, "Mom, don't tell Daddy all those words!" That made mommy and daddy crack up:) The poor water softener man came over yesterday and was talking to your daddy and you were sitting up at the bar. You were playing with your figurines and mocking everything the water softener guy said. You weren't being mean you were just saying it and pretending your figurines were having a conversation...it was too cute. You're getting ready to start your first IU basketball league in a few weeks:) WE CAN'T WAIT! It's going to be adorable! We've been to your great grandma and Harold's house to visit them. You weren't very cooperative at first but you eventually settled down. You went to Bible school just one night. The next two nights you woke up right when it started from your naps and I knew you would be cranky. You seemed to really enjoy it the night you went. You and your cousin Ashlyn were in the same class and stuck to each other's sides the whole night... it was so cute! Your aunt Ashy's wedding is in two weeks and I'm so anxious to see how you do. I'm wondering if you're going to walk down the aisle or not. I think I'm going to buy you a toy and have Mimi hold it so you'll go. This week you've had a little cold so I'm hoping you get over it by next week since you'll be back with Nanny full time. I'm enjoying my time at home with you and your sister and I'm sad that there's only one week left of it. I love you baby boy!

Running the bases at Busch Stadium

You & Mommy

You and Luke at the Cardinals game

Your one night at VBS

Riding the Turkey Tilt a World with Mommy and Jasye

Swimming at Karen and Terrys

You and Ava at Grandma Jeffers' house

Miss Ava,
You too have grown so much this last month. You're cooing and talking up a storm. You smile ALL the time. You definitely like talking to your daddy the most. The minute he gets in your face, you start talking and smiling to him. I love to watch your daddy's face light up! Your eating patterns are the same....two to three hours during the day and three to five at night. You've slept through the night just twice and that's ok because mommy doesn't mind getting up with you. It's our time...just me and you! You take a morning nap until about eleven or twelve. If you don't sleep until then you get cranky! You're still loving your baths. In fact, you fell asleep in your bath last week with one foot hanging over in the water...it was so precious! You're still in 0-3 month clothes and wearing size one diapers. You've had a couple of bottles with half formula/half breast milk but that's all...mommy doesn't like to give you formula:) I'm just preparing for the busy schedule that's about to start in a week:( You had your two month appointment last week. You weighed eleven pounds twelve ounces and 23.5 inches long. That put you in the 50-75 percentile for weight and the 75-90 percentile for height. You got your shots and screamed of course. Your brother immediately told the nurse that she was not to do that again! He didn't like seeing you hurt! It was so sweet! You're still very much a momma's girl but you're enjoying daddy more and more. You're such a good girl...you only cry if you're hungry or tired. You're staying awake during the day more. Usually for over an hour and then you start to get cranky because you're tired. You LOVE your swing now! You will sleep in that thing for about three hours every day. It really allows momma to get some things done around the house. You haven't lost any of your hair...yah! You've been to your first St. Louis Cardinals game and did AWESOME. Our seats are shaded and even though it was a hot day... our seats were perfect because there was a great breeze coming through. I had to even put a light blankie over you most of the time. Everyone went on and on about you that were sitting around us! You were such a good girl! I am so nervous about going back to school and coaching. I'm not ready to be gone away from you and your brother that much. You keep doing more and more every day... I love you with all my heart!
All my love,
Momma

Sitting in Bubba's baseball chair

Sitting with Daddy at the Cardinals game

Talking to Dadddy at the Cardinals game


Bubby giving you kisses after your shots:)

After 2 month shots

Hanging your one foot in the bath water

Sleeping in your bath:)

Relaxing at Holiday World

Hangin' out at home


You and Great Grandma Jeffers

Smiling at Harold

You and Great Grandpa Harold

Sleeping and sucking your thumb...a new favorite if you don't have your pacifier...

3 comments:

Anonymous

That pic of Ava in the bath asleep looks just like you when you were a baby!!!

Ramona

Awe, Lacey, your kids are just too sweet!! Thanks for the update on how things are going for you all. I hope all is working out for the best in the job area...good luck when school starts...you're going to be a great teacher!

Leah Robinson

How precious! Your babies are growing up :)