CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pregnancy Update

Well I am now 31 weeks. I would like to thank every one for their prayers this past week. For those of you who do not know, I went to the doctor on Wednesday to find out that I am dilated one and a half centimeters and 40 % ephased. Two weeks before that I was only a half centimeter and 30%. Big change in two weeks. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday and she is so big...she weighs 4lbs and 15oz....almost 5lbs already!!!! Could you imagine how much she would weigh in nine more weeks? She had the chubbiest little cheeks and a round belly. She stuck her tongue out at her brother (yes, Leighton was with me) and waved "bye bye" to him at the end. I was about 30 weeks with Leighton when my cervix started to change so this isn't a big surprise but it just seems to be moving a bit faster than it did with him. My doctor is concerned because of the shortness of my cervix. I had a fetal fibronectin test done on Wednesday. That test can show if there is a chance of delivery in the next two weeks. If it would've been positive, that is a 13% chance of delivery in next 2 weeks. Thank Jesus it came back negative (only a 1% chance). I was on bed rest Thursday and Friday and since there was no change today I can go back to school on Monday with slight activity. I really want to finish out my student teaching because I couldn't imagine having to finish early. I will miss those kids so much...and all the teachers:) Leah took our maternity pictures today too so I can't wait to see some of the proofs. She's so good! Well I need to work on homework. I will post pics soon. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!
Love and Prayers,
Lacy

10 comments:

Ali Gish

Good to hear from you Lacy!! I've been thinking about you! Can't wait to see the pics!! :)

Christy

Lacy, so glad to hear Ava is doing well. Also SO excited Ashlye will be going to the walk in the fall!!!

Leah Robinson

Praise Jesus! Thank you for answered prayers!!!

I might sneak in some editing 2morrow.....and get a preview up on my blog!

Leslie

Hello, Miss Lacy! I heard you were on bedrest and didn't know if it was temporary or for the duration of your pregnancy. It sounds like little miss Ava is doing really well either way.

Hey, I have a card for you from some of your old buds...but I don't have an address. Can you email me your mailing address? Thanks!

The Canups

First of all I love the name Ava, that was one of Josh and I favorites when coming up with a name for Brynn! Brynn was 9 lbs 7 ounces when she was born so I can relate to a big baby! I hope you are doing better, take it easy.. I will say prayers for you and your baby!

Aimee Zobel

Good luck Lacy, I'll be thinking about you! Dr. Miller is the best, I know you're in good hands!!!

**Kaycee Gingerich**

Glad you finally Updated your blog! I was wondering how u were doing. Can't wait to meet little ava! Hopefully im working!

Lauren

praying for you and miss you!

Laura Raber

so glad to here that you and baby Ava are doing much better!! Been thinking of you lots in the last few weeks! Take care!

Desiree'

Congrats on the new arrival! Ashlye had pics on her blog! Shes gorgeous!