CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Eight Weeks

Yesterday I had an appointment. I was technically only 7 weeks and 5 days but was measuring 8 weeks, 0 days. My due date is June 10th, 2009, which will be Josh and I's third wedding anniversary. How ironic?? My good friend Ashley Seal went with me because we had to leave right from there to go to school in Vincennes (and I'll mention that we had to drive back to Jasper from Vincennes that evening for our night class). Let's just say we were both tuckered out by the time we got home. Thankfully, our professor let us out an hour early. I called Josh and Leighton on the way home to let them know I'd be home early. I asked to talk to Leighton and when I did the first thing he asked me was, "Are you done at the doctors?" Too cute! See, I had to leave him with my mom for a few minutes that morning because I had to leave for the doctors and Carlye was picking him up to take him to day care. He was sad when I left but he gets over it pretty quickly. It seems that ever since we were in the hospital the first time with his pneumonia, he doesn't like to be without one of us. So eleven hours later, he still remembered that I had to go to the doc! He's so amazing. He's getting so big. He seems really excited that mommy has a baby in her belly and he's really getting excited for his Turtle Birthday next month (I am too to be honest:) I was telling my friends that I am going to be so busy next month (November). We literally have something every weekend. I'm starting to feel pretty tired and so I have little motivation to get up and do a lot during the day, let alone run here and there on the weekends. We have a conference in Indy for school, shopping in St. Louis, Basketball starting (Josh), Leighton's birthday party, Jasye's birthday party, Leighton's actual birthday, Thanksgiving and my class reunion that I'm trying to plan still. Crazy huh? and for some reason I feel like I'm forgetting something. Anyways I'll quit rambling. I'll be glad when Josh can start going to my doc appointments with me but right now he's down to little leave because of LJs hospital visits and he's trying to save up for our Spring Break vaca!! I just praise God for what He's done for us these last couple months. He's given us a miracle and blessing and I'm so thankful that He believes in us as well. I can't thank all of you enough for you thoughts and prayers...they all worked. Thank you so much! Please continue to pray for a healthy, full term pregnancy.
Love and God Bless

4 comments:

Christy

I love the little "peanut" picture =) So excited for you!! Oh and your hair is super cute!!!

Guatmama

A photo of the nut - how cute! Thanks for sharing..still praying.

Jamie

I am sooo happy for you. I know you have waited awhile for this. Gotta go Josie is eating ladybugs off the floor! :)

Unknown

Hi Lacy! Congrats on your little miracle. Just wanted to say thanks for the link! Kathy McCloy