I'm not even sure how to begin this blog. My heart and mind are going in a thousand different directions. What a week it has been! Josh was on travel in Virginia this week and returned safely home last night. Praise the Lord. My main focus has been with Tara and her family. I still do not have the right words to give her. She has been a part of my family for as long as I can remember and now I have a been a part of her kids' lives as long as they can remember. I had about an hour long conversation with Tara on the phone yesterday. We had a great talk that included many "Godly" things that have happened lately that reminded her of certain things. Like the picture I put together of her. I put "So In Love With You" on it. She asked me, "How did you know to write that?" I said, "What do you mean?". She then explained to me that whenever she would tell him she loved him he would always say "I'm so in love with you" back because he said there was a difference in loving someone and being in love with that person. I told her that was what that picture said to me at that moment. One of her friends said something a long these lines, "I know it's sad and it hurts, but Fletch is up there waiting outside for you to arrive so that you can walk in together." I thought that was so sweet and touching. I have two beautiful angels with me tonight. I just want to keep them busy and remind them that there is love around all the sadness. Even though I didn't know Patrick real well, it was so obvious how much he loved her and those kids. I thought Father Effie's sermon was great. What a wonderful thing it is that Patrick was able to fulfill God's purpose in 22 years. I told her that she gave him so much in his short life. She was able to give him the experience of a family and children and a love that was real. It's just awful...my words are still so lost. I look at how close she has come with his family and I know that is all he wants and is smiling down as he sees their relationships grow. I sit here and i listen to music as I watch her children play, and my heart breaks and my eyes water. I know Patrick is looking down on them and is proud of her for being strong. He would want that. She is a wonderful person and a wonderful mother. I love all you guys with all my heart.
I received a card in the mail today from one of my dear friends. I know you will read this and I want to say, "Thank You so much". You have no idea how much it meant to get those inspiring words at this time. I feel like I sometimes try to do too much, (such as volleyball, school, cheerleading, moving...etc) and will start to second guess my decisions but your card was all I needed to realize why I do the things that I do. I very much needed that and I thank you so much!
Here are some pictures from today when Josh arrived and gave Leighton a present and some of the kids watching a movie tonight! Enjoy and continue to pray to give Tara strength and strong faith!
Leighton getting his Batman house...He was soooo excited! Thank you Daddy!


Daddy is excited to play too:)

Asia, Tia and Albanye

Tanner is very in to the movie

Tia...isn't she so sweet?!!!

Daddy relaxing after he made us a big dinner (steaks, corn, mac&cheese, broccoli and noodles) yum!!! IT was so good...thank you honey!
2 comments:
Lacey,
Very well said...and spoken. I know it is hard in times like these to find the right words. Don't worry over it...everyone understands! I too, love the photo you did with the colorizing and the "So in Love with You"...what a treasure for Tara to have that forever in sweet remembrance! You are a wonderful friend, I can just tell!
Lacy,
Words can not express my appreciation for everything you have done in the past week. I can not Thank you enough but God will reward your great works. You are an amazing friend, mother, wife, sister, daughter, cousin, and niece. You are such a role model and set a great example of how others should be Christ Like. Thanks for everything. I love you... God Bless
Tara
Post a Comment