
My dad drove down on Sunday to pick us up to go to church and the cemetery to visit my grandma. I was excited because Josh decided to go with us. He never gets to go to church because he's always working at the house. My dad grew up in Plainville. My grandmother attended the Parkview Christian Church in Plainville before she passed away. She had a couple strokes and didn't seem to recover well. She passed away September 30th, 2001. I was a Junior in High School and I remember a lot because I was in the middle of my volleyball season. My dad is an only child so we were really all she had. I loved my grandma soooo much. She was hilarious. She was known for her famous ham salad. Even though my parents are divorced...my mothers siblings would always still ask her to make them some ham salad. I hadn't been to her grave since she passed away. It was just too hard. We were really close and I wasn't ready yet. When dad mentioned that he was coming down to go to church and to put new flowers on her grave...I said, "It's time". I wanted to take Leighton and get a picture of him there. I plan on going to my other grandmother's grave soon too as well. After church, we let Jayleigh and Leighton play on the playground. (Oh yeah...did I mention I've had my goddaughter since Saturday. We've had a lot of fun but we haven't been able to do much because of all the rain. Her and my niece, Asia play really well together so that has been nice). After the playground we went to the cemetery and took some pictures and put new flowers on. Then we went to eat at Mi Pueblo with Bill & Marilyn Slatton (Bill is like my dad's second dad). My sister Ashlye, Jordan and the kids came down to eat as well. It was a great day...a little sad but good to spend some time with everyone. Here are some pics!
Oh yea...Leighton is doing awesome on the potty (even with underwear on) He's even been wearing big boy boxers like his dad and he just looks so grown up. I started crying the other day because he had those on with a white t-shirt and his new "big boy" hair cut. He just looked so big! I swear his voice is even changing. He just looks so grown up.





1 comments:
Where are you going to church these days? It's really cool that you get to go with your dad :)
life's so short. Enjoy that!
L
P.S. Leighton favors you a lot!!
Post a Comment