CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Update on the "potty"

I wanted to let everyone know that Leighton is doing very well with the pottying issue (as long as he's naked:) I ask him about every ten minutes if he has to go and if he doesn't then he'll tell me when he has to go next. He will use his potty chair or the toilet...which excites me that he'll do both. He hasn't done number two yet on the potty. We have had troubles with number two since I quit breastfeeding so we're still dealing with that. Hopefully we'll get that soon. He is off from day care this week and next because you get two weeks unpaid vacation a year. I thought this was a great time to keep him with me to spend time with each other before my busy life starts in a few weeks with going back to school and starting volleyball season. I am ready to get back into a routine, however, I'm not ready to be away from my baby all the time. So please keep us in your prayers that we can all deal with the situation as easy as possible. My new niece, Albanye, will be joining him at day care so that will really help him and me (cause Carlye can pick him up too if I would need her). I hope I can get the potty thing really going before he goes back. Oh yeah... I tried putting big boy undies on him Monday after his bath and it wasn't long that he peed in those. I put another pair on him and he did it again later. As long as he is completely naked, he goes every time. I think he may feel like he has a diaper on since he is covered like that with his undies on. Also, there are a few pics from Leighton and his daddy mowing Tuesday night and a fun night at the Wagoner's. Jayleigh spent the night with us on Monday night and then when I took her home on Tuesday Nikki watched Leighton for me while I went to volleyball open gym. He had an absolute blast. She has a little one that is only about 6 months older than LJ so they are starting to play really well together. We left with him kicking and screaming because he didn't want to leave but I was eager to get home for his dad to see his new haircut. I promised him that he could go back very soon.

1 comments:

Jamie

Hey Lace! I'm glad to hear Leighton is doing so well on the potty. Hopefully he will get the hang of it by Aug. 18th :( How is Albanye's colic? I hope Carlye hasen't gone to crazy. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Luv Ya!