Hello blogging world! Sorry it has been awhile since I have last posted but my life has been crazy the last week. We celebrated my husbands 27th birthday on Monday, July 21st. He isn't a big cake fan so I went and got an ice cream cake (his fav) from Dairy Queen. I also got a cookie cake because that's what Leighton and I like. A lot of people like to tease us because even though he is 27 years old, I still sing to him and make him blow out candles. That is the way I was raised. My mother still does it for all of us girls. Josh used to get embarassed but he's used to it now. My mom always makes sure that I have everything for his birthday because she couldn't stand it if someone's birthday passed without a big meal and a celebration. I love that she has raised my sisters and I to believe that birthdays are so special and important. Thank you mom! So we had cake and ice cream Monday night when he got home from basketball. I missed bible study this night because I wanted to have everything ready when he got home. (BTW, our bible study was on 7-21 and we studied Matthew 7: 21-?! How awesome...that is the second time that has happened that we have studied the same verse number as the actual date:) Praise God!) Since we didn't have a big meal that night, my mother and step-father took us out to eat in Evansville, Friday at Red Lobster (Josh's favorite). I used to not care at all for Red Lobster because I hate seafood, however, I have grown to love their mozz sticks, salad, baked pot, and mac & cheese;) Leighton even tried Squid for the first time and loved it! Yuk!! Then daddy opened his birthday present from Leighton (a Playstation 3 game...yes, he's still very much a child and loves his video games:) The dinner was wonderful and while we were at Evansville we were able to go to Lowes and pick up our faucets for our sinks and go to Bed Bath & Beyond and purchase all of our bathroom accessories. I was very pleased with the purchase even though we spent a lot of money on it because Josh and I agreed completely on it! Here is a video of us singing to daddy Monday night:)
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Josh---- Happy late birthday!! It looks like you had a great time!!! Lacy and Leighton take good care of you!!
Post a Comment