Sorry it's been a few days, but I've been really busy dealing with house stuff and going to St. Louis. Josh and a bunch of coworkers purchase Cardinal season tickets. Each guy gets three tickets and they draw to see what order they'll pick. This was our third game so we won't be back till next season:( Josh went into work for a while on Friday and we ended up leaving around 2:00. My sister Ashlye's fiance lives in Chesterfield (about 30 min away from St. Louis) because he attends Logan Chiropractic School. So her, Kailye and my dad drove up early Friday morning. Jordans parents and brother also drove up around noon. We went straight to the stadium so we could let Leighton take it all in since this was the first time we took him! He had sooo much fun. Like I've said before...I have a shopping problem. Josh always says that I could go to Burger King and find a way to spend 100$. I got the cutest things to put in LJs new room though. His room is St. Louis Cardinals, therefor I couldn't resist:) Let's just say I can't wait to go back to get some other stuff that I wanted to put in his room.
Right before the game started I got a call from sister Ashlye who was crying. Really scared me at first. Her, Jordan, KK, Dad, and Jordan's family were in one vehicle on their way to the stadium from Jordan's apartment. They were at a complete stop and got rearended. The lady was talking on her cell phone and writing directions down to the stadium and must have not of seen that she needed to start breaking. Jordan noticed that she wasn't slowing down so he gave everyone a heads up. Josh (Jordans brother) and Kailye (Ashlye's daughter) were in the very back so they got the worst of it. Thank God everyone was OK, just shaken up a bit. I was on edge until they showed up because I didn't really know a whole lot because the police were at the scene when she called. The arrived in the 1st inning so they didn't miss much of the game. I was just thankful that they made it and everyone was OK. After the game we all went to Jordan's apartment to hang out and visit. We all had different seats at the game so we didn't get to see eachother. I was very happy to see my dad. It had been about a month since I had. For some reason, Leighton was still up at 11 so he got to see Papaw too. I would've thought someone gave LJ mountain dew or something he was so wound up. Let's just say it was after 1 a.m. before he finally fell asleep at Jordans. It was such a great weekend (minus the wreck). I can't wait to do it again.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment